Main town Taufkirchen (Vils)
The main town of Taufkirchen (Vils) is characterized by high quality of living, excellent shopping opportunities, a healthy infrastructure and lively and social togetherness. Optimal facilities have been created here, especially for families with children and young people, be it for care, training, sport or leisure.
More than 300 businesses and freelancers from trade, craft and service, including above all the upholstered furniture manufacturer "himolla", the kbo-Isar-Amper clinic Taufkirchen (Vils), a brewery, two banks, numerous doctors and other social institutions are settled in town. They not only ensure a diverse and wide range of offers, but also provide many jobs and training positions.
The village of Moosen (Vils) has belonged to the municipality of Taufkirchen (Vils) since the regional reform in 1972 and is the second settlement focus in the municipality.
Moosen (Vils) is well supplied with a church, an elementary school, a children's house, sports facilities, a fire brigade, a butcher's shop with restaurant, two bank branches, retail stores, a bus company and various craft businesses. It also has a strong and lively local community.
The local clubs make a major contribution to sporting and social life.
For more information about the village and its clubs, businesses and the latest news, visit www.moosen-vils.de.
Gebensbach is located about 8 km east of Taufkirchen (Vils), directly next to the municipality border with Velden.
In the immediate vicinity of Gebensbach there is the Loaner See - an idyllic natural lake with its own spring water inflow. It offers bathing pleasure in a class of its own. A separate campsite is available for people on vacation.
Maintaining customs is very important in Gebensbach. The folklore preservation association "d´Vilstaler" Gebensbach has made it its task to preserve traditional costumes, customs and folk culture in the village.
Since the municipality reform in 1972, the former municipality of Wambach with the village of Geislbach has also belonged to the municipality of Taufkirchen (Vils).
A church in the Romanesque architectural style - one of the oldest in the district of Erding -, a bavarian restaurant, a drinks market and also its own fire brigade characterize Wambach. Some craft businesses are located in Wambach, but agricultural businesses in particular still shape the village. Active community life is supported by associations that ensure social, sporting and cultural togetherness.
The country youth house of the KLJB Munich is located in Wambach. The house is a converted 280 year old parsonage, which the KLJB moved into in 1999.
On the southwestern border of Taufkirchen (Vils) lies the area of the former municipality of Hofkirchen with the villages of Unterhofkirchen, Permering, Hörgersdorf and Angerskirchen as well as other small villages and hamlets.
The traditional dog race in Großköchlham is a major event every year. This spectacle (first mentioned in 1800) was dug up and revived by the shooting club “Gemütlichkeit Großköchlham”. Every year it attracts numerous visitors from near and far. You can find more information about Großköchlham and the dog race at www.koechlham.de.
The Hörgersdorf Church of St. Bartholomew is a jewel of Rococo art. It is one of the most important and most beautiful Rococo village churches in Bavaria. The church was built in 1720 by the Erding city mason, Anton Kogler. Around 1760, the church of Hörgersdorf received a new interior design. After renovation work, the church has been shining in new splendor since 2008.